We no sooner returned to Longboat Key after two wonderful weeks on the water when I got an email from a Sabre dealer (Downeast Yachting) that they had an offer on our boat that we should seriously consider!
If you've been following my blog, you know that we have used our boat extensively the past three years -- from New York to Sarasota to the Bahamas and Abaccos to the Chesapeake Bay to Key West, ENCORE has been our home-away-from-home bringing us wonderful adventures, new friends (and seeing some old ones too), and countless memories on the water together.
But because of all that time living aboard, we had come to a crossroads -- we either needed a larger yacht that was more accommodating for longer periods of time (months at a time), or we needed to start taking shorter trips (a week at a time). So back in February, we listed ENCORE for sale to test the waters and begin to look for something else that might meet our needs.
So as fate would have it, on the very last day of our trip from Cocoa to Longboat Key, we received a fair offer on ENCORE and reluctantly accepted. I say reluctantly because I really love this boat and have been so happy with its quality, performance and function. I know the new owners will be equally as pleased as they are getting a well built, well equipped and meticulously cared for yacht.
Not exactly sure what's next.... but I have a few ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment